Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Dead.

• Senex68
  • Senex68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #9077 by Senex68
Is this the end?

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 6 months ago #9079 by NotOstertag
Hope not. I'll give it a couple weeks.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Bayhawk
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #9080 by Bayhawk
Only the beginning . . . with our Jayhawks!

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 6 months ago #9081 by sasnak
If you are saying this board, I don't buy it. I think of it as merely a hibernating bear slowly waking. We will all be here ravenous for the games when the real season begins. I personally can't wait and already have all my artifacts of mojo out and in place. Rock Chalk!!

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
7 years 6 months ago #9082 by murphyslaw
This fear has been expressed before. Not to worry, it's just a slow time with few items of discussion popping up right now.

It's a great board with the promise of dedicated posters gathering momentum as the season begins!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #9083 by Wheatstate Gal
Speaking for myself, it takes me a while to wind down in the spring and it takes me a while to wind up in the fall. Soon enough, I'll be back with my banal observations, and you'll all wish I'd go away again. :P

A poorly executed exhibition game (so I read/hear, anyway) doesn't grab me. I spent a stupid amount of time TRYING to get the game on my computer and missed it....However, I'm ready now!!

I've also been focused elsewhere..... :sick: ;)

Rock Chalk Forever!

wsg

More
7 years 6 months ago #9085 by CorpusJayhawk
Hey Peter,, Fear not. You know In my job I have trained myself to be coolly clinical in my assessments since I have make very significant decisions about capital spending. I have seen many in my business and others that let emotions dominate their decisions. In fact, the entire stock market psychology for most investorsn is upside down because they react with their heart instead of their head. So what does this have to do with anything? This board is an interesting case study in psychology. You see this board is based on a premise of fanship that is almost by definition an emotionally based and charged endeavor. But this board is fairly unique in this venue. All of us on this board probably qualify as emotionally passionate about KU basketball but we (the average RCB'er) pursue this passion with an oddly intellectual bent. So we are all plugging in our Jayhawk Machine preparing for what promises to be an amazing season. It takes a while for the batteries in this machine to charge. I expect this board to become more active in about 7 days. But it will pick up momentum consistently over the next 4 months. I have zero concern that the eclectic mix of fans that make up this board are anywhere other than standing ready to unleash the clinical emotions that are the lifeblood of our Jayhawk fandom. 7 days and counting.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• Bayhawk
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #9086 by Bayhawk
WORD!

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 5 months ago #9090 by Kong
Senex is it dead yet post. And the annual Kong reply, "only if we posters let it be"

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, texkan

• Bayhawk
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9091 by Bayhawk
:P

RC

-- Jules Michelet