Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Josh Jackson's conditioning, competitiveness as advertised,

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8864 by gorillahawk
Josh Jackson's conditioning, competitiveness as advertised, KU basketball coach Bill Self says

"While he hasn’t yet had the chance to make an impression in front of the Allen Fieldhouse crowd — that will come a week from Saturday as Kansas hosts Late Night in the Phog — the 6-foot-8, 207-pound guard has stood out since the unofficial start of basketball season as both a physical presence and vocal leader, Self said."

< cjonline.com/sports/hawkzone/2016-09-23/...ku-basketball-coach# >
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8865 by gorillahawk
from the link above:

"SELF PRAISES OUTGOING CHANCELLOR — Self was asked about his reaction to Thursday’s news that KU chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little will resign from that position next summer.

“It doesn’t catch me off guard that anybody would announce retirement. I think everybody knows that, at some point, that was going to happen,” Self said. “I just think it kind of surprised everybody that it was so abrupt. That’s not long from now. What is it? Nine months?”

Self said Gray-Little has earned the time to relax and enjoy life, offering some congratulations.

“She’s been great for (the athletic department), but I think she’s been fabulous for our university as a whole,” Self said. “I’m happy for her and I’ll be excited to see who accepts that challenge moving forward, but I really believe that she’ll leave this place on really, really solid footing."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.