Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Sasha gets a ring !

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #8297 by AZhawk87
Congratulations Sasha!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 10 months ago #8302 by murphyslaw
Dr. J., Bill Russell, Lou Alcindor, John Havlicek, B. Cowens, J. West, W. Frazier, Lovelette, among others. I've been watching NBA basketball since these fellows played. I'm happy for Sasha, but my least favorite player of all time--and that's putting it VERY mildly--is LeBron James, and since Sasha had little playing time, there was no way I could have rooted for the Cavs. In fact, I've always pulled for any team who has played them.

There may have been arrogant players among those I listed, and there may have been bullies among them, also, but few had both characteristics, that I remember, anyway. Perhaps there is more super hype now, when sportscasters describe players like LeBron in god-like terms. (King James? Gimme a break. That offends me, and I'm almost anti religion!) He is a super talented player to whom no one says, or has said, NO, I'll bet. He sulks and complains when called for a foul or when he feels slighted by the refs. He makes many of his points off fouls by crashing into anyone who guards him, but woe unto the player who gets physical with him. From my view, he considers his knowledge superior to any of his coaches.

I'm wondering how many more days I have to suffer through news of the final game. Two seem sufficient to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #8304 by Wheatstate Gal
Hi Murph--

You crack me UP!!!

I live in "metro LA" and I HATE KOBE the way you hate LeBron!!! Of course, Kobe is gone.....Thank goodness. Good night if LeBron comes to the Lakers.....yee gawds!

I am embarrassed to say I had no idea Sasha was a Cav. I'm sure the Mom Unit did not either. She would have been torn. She, too, HATES LeBron, Murph.....but she loves ANY JayHawk! current or former.....

She and her grandson (nephew) had a feud going.....she was "for" the Warriors and he was "for" the Cavs.

WSG

Bay--You OK, Buddy?????

More
7 years 10 months ago #8306 by murphyslaw
Kobe is 2nd on my list of hated players, so I can understand how you feel, Wheatie. It infuriates me how professional sports will accept and even glorify players whose character is so vile. (Can you say, Michael Vick?) It's all about the money, isn't it?

More
7 years 10 months ago #8307 by sasnak
You just named my two least favorite players too.

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 10 months ago #8312 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"