Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

*mods help* Texkan and family coming to KS, 1-8 Jun*

• texkan
  • texkan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ring my Bell, if you can find it! ;)
More
7 years 11 months ago #8210 by texkan
Yes KU bkb brothers and sisters. Can any of you meet the family, Tex, Mrs T and S#2, for early Saturday lunch around 11am?
We would love to meet and greet over a round table discussion of our favorite sports team, KU HOOPS! Also any suggestion to
meet would be helpful. So if we can get some favorable replies, HIPHIP HURRAY! :woohoo: we'll be checkin into RCB to see the response. IF bad weather is in the days forecast, we'll probably just stay in Leavenworth and not get on the roads. thank you, Texkan and family :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 11 months ago #8212 by hoshi
Yellow Sub sandwiches and beer/water on hoshi's back patio will work. What do you think? Dochawk, Hawkerrant and others, are you up for this?
hoshi

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 11 months ago #8213 by HawkErrant
Works for Mrs HE and me, hoshi! Looking forward to meeting the texkans and Mrs. hoshi!

Will get with you re: logistics. B)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• texkan
More
7 years 11 months ago #8216 by texkan
...thanks for your very positive and generous offer. here's our situation: We can make Lawrence for a 11a-1p, time frame. We have EHS reunion banquet, etc for Mrs Tex, that night. And while the wonderful offer by hoshi is remarkable! we don't won't anyone to do something special just for us. Meet at a local restaurant is fancy enough for us. thanks again. we do want to connect, baring any 'bad' weather mojo, on Saturday. thanks again, will peek back in again. texkan and family :P

More
7 years 11 months ago #8219 by hoshi
Texkan, having the get-to-gather on the hoshi patio would be NO work at all. We can order and have delivered Yellow Sub sandwiches right when you arrive and have then here in 20 minutes or so. Much more fun than a restaurant. If you feel uncomfortable with that arrangement, we can certainly meet somewhere else. HE, can you help with the logistics if we meet somewhere else.
Mia Casa e Tua Casa.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 11 months ago #8220 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 11 months ago #8221 by hoshi
Love it!

• texkan
More
7 years 11 months ago #8224 by texkan
We can make it to the warmth of hoshi's patio. Will lv Lvnworth at 10 a. Can't wait to meet n chat some beaker news. Where are the rest of the locals?

More
7 years 11 months ago #8225 by hoshi
Actually there are not a lot of locals who are active on the RCB. HE and may try contacting them since he knows who is who and who resides in the area. He, do you want me to try to get in touch with Dare, my brother in law out of KC?

Also, a lot of people are currently out of town since we are between semesters. I happen to be in town because of my research and I have a minor back issue that I am trying to resolve before I get on a airplane in a few weeks.

Texkan, if I am reading your email correctly, there will be three of you attending, correct? About 11 AM it is. HE will send you details of our address.

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 11 months ago #8226 by HawkErrant
hoshi, definitely contact Dare. I have emailed you, Freestate and DocHawk with info, please add on to my comments, especially since I did not address others bringing anything, and they do normally ask.

texkan, please see your Private messages for more info.

HE

PS. - tex, will Nurse be there with her Jello shooters? Or did you finally give her some time off?!? :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #8227 by HawkErrant
Anyone else in the area or who will be in the area this Saturday and is interested in attending, please contact me ASAP via this thread or by Private Message for details.

Thanks!

HawkErrant

Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by HawkErrant.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8229 by gorillahawk
Looks like I might be up there about that time for my Grandson's baseball game! Count me in for two! Thanks!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 11 months ago #8230 by HawkErrant
GH, please contact me ASAP (check your private messages for my email address).

Thanks, and see you Saturday!

HE

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 11 months ago #8231 by HawkErrant
texkan, please check your RCB Private Messages for location of hoshi's place and my phone # & email address for additional info as needed.

Thanks!

• texkan
More
7 years 11 months ago #8233 by texkan
*nurse is still traveling the world. She sends her regrets, no J e l l o or shooters. On this trip I carry my meds.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8237 by hoshi
Texkan, you should be OK, we have a physician and a pharmacist attending. Neither of us will prescribe opioids, promise. Looks like we will have 12 attending. Should be fun and it looks like the weather will cooperate.

Traffic patterns in town are screwed up due to summer and campus construction. Might I suggest that everyone come on Iowa street from I-70 or K10 and drive to Stratford road, between 15th road and Harvard, turn East. When you hit campus,T-intersection, turn left or North and we are the second house on the left, West side of the road, right across from JRP, now the School of Education.

If you are using a GPS, it should be OK but leave a few extra minutes in case you need to maneuver around the construction.

hoshi

The following user(s) said Thank You: texkan