Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Curry returns...and what an amazing performance!

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #8144 by porthawk
He started off slowly (as expected), but he heated up and wound up with 40 points (including 17 points in OT) to lead the Warriors over the Trailblazers in game four of the their series.

I recommend catching the highlights. He's just unbelievable. Even Shaq, Barkley, and Kenny Smith (on TNT) were rendered speechless.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by porthawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 1 week ago #8148 by bmchawk
Porthawk,

I'm in the Bay Area, and I jumped on the Warriors bandwagon a couple of years ago. Always hated the NBA before, but realized even the year before Kerr became coach that the Warriors play the kind of game I want to watch, whether in the NBA or college. Constant movement on offense, screens everywhere, the exact opposite of my stereotypical view of an NBA offense where 3 guys hang out on one side of the court just staying out of the way.

We're never going to have a Steph Curry at KU - not referring to the Steph Curry of Davidson but the Steph Curry of now - but it wouldn't hurt for anyone on our team to watch the Warriors offense and see how it can all work.

I asked a couple of midwestern friends today if they watched Curry last night, and of course they didn't because it was so late. Too bad, it was, as you wrote, an amazing performance!

More
8 years 1 week ago #8149 by bmchawk
This is fun to watch: Every Curry shot in OT

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 days ago #8150 by porthawk
Yup. They play beautiful team ball. I'd put the Spurs in that category as well (although they're in a some trouble now against the Thunder down 3-2).

I'm on the east coast and stayed up 'til the end of the game. I paid the price the next day, but it was worth it :)