Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Azubuike

• Hawknmo
  • Hawknmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 week ago #8128 by Hawknmo
All for it. Now, did he really graduate and can he play in the first semester? Can we get that ironed out before November please?

RKCKJHK!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 week ago #8129 by HawkErrant

Hawknmo wrote: All for it. Now, did he really graduate and can he play in the first semester? Can we get that ironed out before November please?

Have read absolutely nothing about this, what's your source?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 1 week ago #8130 by HawkErrant
I'll add that he is supposed to be on campus in June, making your comment an odd one.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 1 week ago #8131 by HawkErrant
Or is your comment a joking response to us having another African recruit this year, and we all recall how the NCAA treated Diallo last year?

Since I have read nothing about UA having NCAA issues, I've decided this last is the source of your commentary. Correct?

More
8 years 1 week ago #8132 by Bayhawk
Hawknmo can be such a joker! :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• Hawknmo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #8137 by Hawknmo
No source. But who thought there would be issues with Diallo? All I am seeing is elementary school in Africa and an "academy" in Florida. Sound familiar? I would just like to know if the NCAA thinks hes legit before we get too pumped about another "academy" grad. BTW from what I have read so far Potters House Christian Academy has been on probation with the FSHSAA in the not too distant past.

RKCKJHK!!!
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Hawknmo. Reason: Spelling

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 1 week ago #8138 by HawkErrant

Hawknmo wrote: No source. But who thought there would be issues with Diallo? All I am seeing is elementary school in Africa and an "academy" in Florida. Sound familiar? I would just like to know if the NCAA thinks hes legit before we get too pumped about another "academy" grad. BTW from what I have read so far Potters House Christian Academy has been on probation with the FSHSAA in the not too distant past.

Okay, I was wrong, you aren't joking.

To your points...

Maybe not on the RCB, but elsewhere last year there were lots of people from lots of programs talking about potential NCAA issues with Our Savior New American (Centereach, NY) and its four D1 recruits -- Diallo, Kassoum Yakwe (also from Mali; to St. John's, cleared in November at the same time as Diallo ), Davon Dillard (from Gary, IN; OK St, cleared in August) and Damon Wilson (Powder Springs, GA; to Pitt, cleared in September).

Joel Embiid -- African student athlete from a Florida Christian School with a disciplinary history with the FSHSAA in the "not too distant past" ( 2007 to be precise ) -- sound familiar?

Either way, drawing inferences from a sample size of 1 (Diallo for KU if looking for the "bad", Embiid for KU is looking for the "good") is always fraught with error.

But when there has been absolutely no talk anywhere to date of eligibility problems with Azubuike, there is no reason to be out on the ledge, at least not now. Until there is a reason, come back inside and enjoy the off season and the view of Self & Co working on getting fills for the last three 2016-17 scholarships.

• Hawknmo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 week ago #8143 by Hawknmo
Hopefully the young man can play right away. Hopefully there are no "issues". Hopefully publishers clearing house shows up at my door tomorrow. My real hope is that this time there has been some true "vetting" (elbow to the ribs KC Chiefs) and this good looking recruit is allowed to live up to the hype. I believe its irresponsible to allow us as fans and ESPECIALLY allow the kid to think great times are just ahead and then bam...nothing. If it were me, and its not I know, I would be at 700 W. Washington in Indianapolis Monday morning with his transcript asking for a ruling. Do I believe there has been some background checking done? Sure. Just hoping its better than previous ones. Simply stated I wouldn't wait for there to be "talk anwhere to date of eligibility problems with Azubuike." I would know by July 1 if there are going to be "issues", not September 1. Just my wife diagnoed OCD I'm sure, but I would find a way.

RKCKJHK!!!