Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

If after the combines Diallo doesn't project first round..

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #8118 by DrJHawker
Will he return? Since he didn't sign with an agent, you'd think he could be back. CBS Sports doesn't have him in their mock first round. of course, Self doesn't expect him back. Sounds like Allen may be waiting to make his college decision based on Diallo's. interesting off season questions.

www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-...p-3-in-this-scenario

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 11 months ago #8119 by Illhawk
I suspect that at the combine he might impress and get a feel that he will go in the first round. More likely he will receive assessments from and make contacts with teams that have interest, without using a first round pick or tying up two years of guaranteed money. Second round picks are treated as long term prospects by many teams. He could play overseas for a couple seasons while a team holds his rights. Or go undrafted like Cliff and spend the season on a roster, though often inactive.

I am expecting a final word , probably "adios" fairly soon.

I hope the remaining rides go to : a guard ready to start 2017-2018; a big ready to rotate through for 16-20 minutes now and a redshirt.

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #8120 by DrJHawker
Thornton and Allen would be perfect (though Jarrett would have a shot at even more minutes) for the first two slots. Still a number of options on the last (redshirt or another transfer).

More
7 years 11 months ago #8121 by murphyslaw
Not that I dislike Diallo, but watching him on the sidelines when he wasn't playing, I didn't feel that he was all that enthusiastic about the action on the floor. It seemed to me that he was very close to pouting. Of course, when he was on the bench it was usually because he was yanked for poor playing. I'd rather see Thornton and Allen as our newest Jayhawks than have Diallo back.