Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Selden and 3 pointers

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #379 by CorpusJayhawk
Through 9 games Selden has hit 30 3's for a rate of 3.33/game. I can't imagine he will continue at that pace. In fact to break the KU single season record assuming KU plays 28 more games he would need to average 2.92 per game. In 9 games he already has the 76th best season in KU history in making threes. So Wayne is clearly on a Terry Brown, Jeff Boschee, Billy Thomas kind of streak. For the Bill Self era, Brandon Rush in 2008 owns the season record for made threes at 80. Selden will need to average less than 2 per game to break that. Of course Jeff Boschee leads KU all time with 338 made treys but Brandon Rush is the most accurate. He made 205 in his career (5th most at KU) and shot 43.52%. Hinrich was right there with him hitting 236 (3rd most) and shooting 43.14%. Overall Hinrich had an SE of 61.2% for his career which is just amazing. But for my money the overall best shooter to don the Jayhawk Crimson and Blue was Rex Walters. He had a career SE of 65.6% which is simply incredible for a back court player. Gueldner was right there with him and Brannen Greene may end up the best. Greene currently has an SE of 63.7%. That sort of puts Rex's 65.6% in perspective. The other great back court shooters at KU were Ben McLemore (62.7%), Travis Releford (61.7%), Mario Chalmers (61.4%), Kirk Hinrich (61.2%), Tyrel Reed (61.1% and Greg Gurley (60.4%). Darnell Jackson ( my fav Jayhawk ever) shot the exact same SE that Wayne Simiem did (60.61%). Many people do not appreciate that about Darnell.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.