Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What about Thornton taking Frank's place when he leaves?

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #7916 by DrJHawker
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by DrJHawker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7922 by porthawk
nm

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7934 by konza63
I would LOVE for KU to land Thornton as a future PG prospect. He fits the bill perfectly, and the timing would be good since he has to sit out one year.

When he committed to Duke last year, he had reclassified to the 2015 class from 2016, so he's still a pup. From what I've read on him, he's a rangy, true PG with poise and solid handles who is good at getting teammates involved. Athletic, very competitive, with swagger and definite high-level upside. He was ranked as the #3 PG last year (ESPN--HawkErrant would have to give Rivals) and the overall #17 player.

Again, I think he'd be the perfect option. Well, the perfect option would be him without the need to sit out a year, so he could learn on the job behind Frank/Devonte. But he's a great option. The only issue would be is he speaking honestly about wanting to play closer to home (as a reason for leaving Duke)? If so, he might re-open his recruitment with those out west who originally offered him: Cal, Zona, UNLV, and USC.

I hope Self and company bring the young man in for a visit...then let AFH and our program do their magic!

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.