Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

No Hoyas no more.

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #7848 by HawkErrant
www.casualhoya.com/2016/4/7/11385764/geo...all-series-cancelled

Too bad. They were supposed to play in AFH this year IIRC. Wonder who KU will get to replace them on the schedule.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 1 month ago #7850 by Senex68
I wonder what happened.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7852 by konza63
KU trips to DC are super rare, whether it's playing the Hoyas or meeting the sitting President after a crown. So I'm bummed. (When they come this way, I'm always there)

I'm betting G-Town drove this, out of fear of losing to us again. They had an abysmal season this year...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by konza63.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7854 by Illhawk
We like to occasionally play on the east coast for recruiting purposes.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7855 by JRhawk
This was old news. See KUsports.com 4-7-16 story about Mitch Lightfoot - half way down talks about the Hoya series ending before they played the last game. Also update on Embiid.

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago #7857 by konza63
It was old news to the two athletic departments, but not among fans or the board.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago #7858 by konza63
We've played at Temple too in the past decade--one nice win with the Sherron/Aldrich team (we attended) and one disastrous pre-Christmas game (that I didn't).

I'd like to see us get a home-home with Maryland, if Turgeon would be amenable.