Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU signee Mitch Lightfoot news

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7840 by HawkErrant
From twitter --

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #7856 by konza63
LJW has a piece on him and this today. I liked this part:

“I have known Mitch Lightfoot since his middle school days and am definitely a fan of his, except when he plays against us. We saw a lot of great teams but no player was as valuable and talented as him. I believe what separates him from all the other (Gatorade) candidates is his character and academic focus that makes him a complete student-athlete,” Doug D’Amore, head coach at Catalina Foothills High told Gatorade officials.

Gatorade reports that Lightfoot has a 3.73 grade point average, is a volunteer for an assisted living facility and serves as a mentor for students at elementary charter school.

Sounds like a very grounded kid and someone Self will have on hand to mold for 2-3 if not 4 years.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.