Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

A fun pic

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #7826 by HawkErrant
From facebook for konza63 and KJr... KJr with HCBS in Louisville (HCBS autographing one of the shoes Naadir Tharpe gave to KJr during a past visit to AFH)
Is that Konza63 with his head cropped off in the pic? Mmmm... it's a possibility :P

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7833 by konza63
Thanks for posting it, HE.

I'm sincerely hoping it's a good-luck omen for next year, given the combination of his picture and the focus on next year's frontrunner.

PS: It definitely brought a big smile to his face. And he's moved onward to tracking Wiggins' stats (he poured it on the other night in that huge upset over Golden State), telling me that T-Rob has 5 straight double-doubles (wow, awesome!), tracking the Josh Jackson recruitment, and shifting toward the Royals... Like father, like son. ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by konza63.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7843 by porthawk
So that was on the 247 Sports Facebook site? Good stuff!

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago #7844 by konza63
Port--

Yep, I was just scrolling through Facebook when it popped up and I had to do a double-take. B)

It was taken in Louisville (evidently by the Kansas.247sports.com site's photographer) at the South Regional, right after the Thursday open shoot-around. I remember seeing lots of journalists and photographers, and someone from a KC news station even interviewed him, but then I forgot all about it.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7849 by porthawk
nm

More
8 years 1 month ago #7863 by hoshi
Cool, very cool. I have three daughters, two of which live and die KU BB. Both of them currently living out of the country, Canada and Australia. One follows the games on Slingbox/Slingplayer. We have a lot of fun texting during the games. It is quite comical. Working on the grand kids now.
Hoshi

PS. The 3rd daughter is an actress, enough said about her interest in sports. Her hubby and the other son-in-law, neither of which attended KU, have totally bought in to KU BB.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7865 by konza63
That's great stuff, Hoshi. Thanks for sharing, and way to bring them up right! ;)

I've been to Australia a few times on work--and "play" once work was done. (Too nice of a place to hop right back in a plane) What a great place to live, if you're so lucky, for a few years outside the US. (And thank goodness for Slingbox in your case...)

My daughter (2 years older than Garrett) is big-time into theater/acting, much like your 3rd daughter. She was a Hawk fan for awhile, then other things took over. She still likes them, but just very casually...and her player memories pretty much stopped around T-Rob. ;)

It's cool that your sons-in-law have gotten into KU hoops. There's plenty of room on the bandwagon!

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by konza63.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7866 by LKF_HAWK
Hoshi and Konza,

I am also a veteran of the ANZ experience 2 years "served" in Sydney/Melbourne/Auckland, with multiple return trips. Also a veteran of Vancouver, BC...I think we all need to knock back a few cold ones with Bay in SF and enhange stories from OZ" both near and far.

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #7868 by HawkErrant
Folks, as someone who has always wanted to visit Down Under but has yet to work it out (even after living in Hawai'i for 5 years), if such a meeting ever comes to pass, I would love to sit in. It's been too long since I've been in the Bay Area, and such a get together would be a great additional reason to include it on my travel calendar again. B)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7870 by LKF_HAWK
Always room for more :)
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by LKF_HAWK.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #7880 by Wheatstate Gal
Are "girls" allowed? Mrs HE and wheatie want to go! (Whining.....)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7882 by hoshi
Tried to insert a photograph without success. I will eventually figure it out.
hoshi

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by hoshi.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7886 by Bayhawk
All Jayhawks are welcome to Bagdad by the Bay, ,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet