Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

WOW!!! What a finish. TarHoles go DOWN....

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #7752 by konza63
That was an incredible game, I have to say.

Love the outcome.

There is an element of justice in the basketball universe after all...

Congratulations to Nova. Heck of a team. KU lost to the champs. (Bittersweet)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JhawkMom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 1 month ago #7756 by porthawk
Definitely was!

And Villanova certainly is a heck of a team. Their defense was so impressive. They took Brice Johnson out of the game in a similar way to the way they took Ellis out of his game. Gotta give a lot of credit to them.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7757 by LKF_HAWK
Great finish for any basketball fan. Jay Wright's brand just jumped up the rankings. Bittersweet is apt

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #7758 by konza63
Porthawk, you're spot on about their defense. I hate to admit this, but I found myself saying to myself multiple times in this game "I wish KU could play tenacious, disruptive defense like these guys." It was just stunning how aggressive, bouncy, and dictating they were (and are) on D. That 2nd half defensive performance was insane.

I thought for sure after Paige hit that ridiculous (and lucky) 3, that UNC was going to get a "Mario moment" and win going away in OT. The final play by Nova was a BEAUT...everyone in the world thought the Nova guard (Adirondackytokyo) was going to take that shot, and he sold it wonderfully, then dished it at just the right time to Jenkins, who nailed the 3.

Just a stunning finish. I have to rate this the best NC game I've seen in ages...since '08. (Nothing beats that one) ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7759 by LKF_HAWK
Villanova runs a variance of the "Chop" play save the screen. Now the blowhards are going to say Villinova did no "wrong" but honestly it was that they made 1 more basket.

I know many KU fans are enjoying UNC losing, but those kids played equally as hard, lucky or not, they rallied from 10pts down and deserve kudos for making this finish truly memorable. Tip of th cap to both teams.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7760 by minerscoach
They are a great defensive team, but a little like WV. They get away with a lot of mugging, because they know how to use their bodies.

More
8 years 1 month ago #7766 by DrJHawker
"The difference in winning and losing in college basketball is so small. The difference in your feelings is so large." - Roy Williams