Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

We KU fans are beyond blessed

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 3 months ago #5972 by konza63
Last night, after KU won another Big 12 tourney championship--on the heels of the league championship and the WUG--I high-fived my son and told him "You have no idea how fortunate you are...how lucky you are...as a fan. Never take this for granted."

Of course, he IS going to take it for granted because he's only 11. From the time he was born (summer '04), KU has won every single Big 12 campaign (12 straight and counting).

Beyond that, we all know the numbers for consecutive tourney appearances, all the 1 seeds, and so on and so forth.

On this final day of the college regular season, prior to the Selection Show, I just want to pause, exhale, and give utmost thanks for this program, this coach, this team (and all those before it), and this amazing fan base. We are truly fortunate to have what we have--beyond blessed--and it's a joy to be just one small stalk of wheat waving in the glorious field with all the others.

Rock Chalk, and Long Live KU!!!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago #5974 by Hawknmo
DITTO

RKCKJHK!!!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 3 months ago #5977 by HawkErrant
Amen, members of the flock, brothers and sisters, lift the chorus ever onward --

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 3 months ago #5978 by Bayhawk
Now carve the turkey and pass the gravy :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• konza63
More
8 years 3 months ago #5994 by konza63

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 3 months ago #6003 by Bayhawk
There is no audio and I don't recognize the clip. Help me out here please,

RC

-- Jules Michelet

• konza63
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #6004 by konza63
The classic "blessing" dinner scene in Christmas Vacation. If you haven't seen it, never mind! :P

Or you can view it out of context here:

Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by konza63.

More
8 years 3 months ago #6005 by Bayhawk
:P Thanks for the video Konza -- made all the difference. I've seen the movie to be sure, but forgot the Pledge part! :cheer:

The only thing better will be Sparty a one seed with us in the Midwest (#1. obviously). ;)

RCJHGKU (A & F)

-- Jules Michelet