Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Landen Lucas leaves Prince on floor

• KMT
  • KMT's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #5807 by KMT
anyone see, at the start of the second half, when Prince fell after the offensive goal-tending call - Lucas puts his hand down to help, then pulls it away when Prince reached up, and hands ball over to the ref.

pretty funny - my wife thought it was poor sportsmanship, I thought it was pretty funny.

Rock Chalk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #5808 by murphyslaw
I saw the play but thought Landen pulled his hand away when one of Prince's teammates reached down to help.

3 different concepts--who knows what really was in Landen's mind!?

More
8 years 2 months ago #5820 by JhawkMom
Hope you are right. I hate unsportsmanlike conduct!

More
8 years 2 months ago #5831 by NotOstertag
I saw the same thing and thought the same thing as you (and found it funny). Kind of like, "ok, well stay down there if you want." Or maybe, "nah, you can get yourself up."

Bottom line, we'll never know...did Prince refuse help, was Lucas dissing him, was a Baylor player on the way to help, or was there some other exchange that took place that the cameras didn't show or pick up from audio?

I pretty much forgot about it within 5 seconds and I doubt that Lucas or Prince lingered on it even that long.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot