Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Did anyone else catch BRAGG knocking down 2 threes?

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #5640 by konza63
That was an interesting development. A bit of an eye-opener for me, actually. I know he has a pretty 15-footer, but we hadn't seen the long-range accuracy until now.

I'm pointing this out more for next season than right now, in as much as I'm sure Self doesn't want Carlton to suddenly begin going all bombs away from behind the arc out there as the stakes get higher and higher. But it's a nice harbinger for the future, in that it's always great when you can have a big stretch the D out and hit some shots. (See: Perry this year, and Markieff back in the day) I suspect Carlton will be asked to work on that a lot in the off-season and be given the green light a lot more next year, to the extent it proves to be a consistent threat.

Cool to see.

PS: The kid's stat line is funny today. Only 11 minutes played, 12 points off of 5-6 shooting, 2 trey bombs, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, and FIVE fouls. What a funny stat line that is. :side:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.