Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Killer Instinct

• DocBlues
  • DocBlues's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #5629 by DocBlues
I really liked how the lads kept their foot on K-State's neck and didn't let them back in the game. This has frequently been a problem for past teams. These guys are hungry and I like our chances going on. Rock Chalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #5632 by JRhawk
Agree KU came to play. D was good - 8 steals. Good hustle - all around good game. Ellis had Wade bottled up - just 5 points today - 20 last night. Bring on Baylor.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #5636 by konza63
That was a surgical dismemberment of a team from the opening bell until the very end.

Granted, the Purps aren't a very strong team this year, but they had everything to play for and we just outplayed them and crushed their spirit.

This KU team is so balanced, it's a joy to watch (and a thing of beauty) when they're hitting on multiple cylinders.

I particularly loved our guard play today, as well as all of downcourt transition buckets off of forced turnovers or rebounds and quick outlets. The outlet pass that Svi made off of a long rebound (I think it was to Frank?) was emblematic of that.

I also liked the force with which Ellis and Traylor took it to the rim.

But mostly, as you underscored, Doc, I liked how we never let up, never let them back in the game. We've been prone to that not only in past seasons, but this one as well, and it's nice to see that we're keeping the foot on the gas long after the game is in hand.

I kind of wish Coach hadn't kept Frank, Devonte, and Perry in until the 2:30 mark (when we were up 24), just for "saving energy" and injury avoidance purposes, but that's a minor nitpick.

On to Baylor. They often seem to punch above their weight class in the Big 12 tourney (and post-season in general), so we'll need to bring it for that one to avoid an upset. All indications are that isn't going to be a problem with this solid team right now.

Great win, boys!

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.