Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

How Bill Self Has Created a Consistent Contender at Kansas

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #5567 by konza63
This is a phenomenal inside look at our beloved coach:

www.campusrush.com/kansas-jayhawks-baske...g-12-1651424408.html

I love the closing:

So he's asked the question now, on the day the calendar turns to March again. Can Kansas give you all the challenges you need? Is this place enough?

Bill Self's answer, which comes without hesitation, makes you wonder if anything will ever change at all.

"I think so," he says. "Because as good as it's been, I think it's getting ready to get better.

Enjoy... ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, Bayhawk, NotOstertag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #5569 by HawkErrant
Long article, but very nice. :)

Thanks so much for the link.
I don't go to SI.com much anymore since they reformatted their site. Still like their content, but I'm not willing to wade thru their format to get to their content. Same with Scout.com. Hate what they did.

Thanks again!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #5571 by JRhawk
Thanks for the link - great story. One of my favorite parts was: " If you want to know what keeps him going, it is April 7, 2008—the night Kansas won a national title. "There's only been one game where the win has felt as good as the losses have felt bad," Self says. "There's only been one."
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #5576 by konza63
I just noticed it. It's from the '08 title celebration. Tyler is just a kid. And Self looks so very young.

Time flies... Love that photo--beaming father and a very happy son!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #5672 by porthawk
The article was great! And HawkE...I totally agree with you about the SI format. I read it less as well.

And what's the deal with "Campus Rush"? I guess it's the new college sports arm of SI?
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by porthawk.