Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Have Musberger and Vitale ever been paired up before?

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5508 by porthawk
They're announcing the St. Mary's/Pepperdine game and it's a bit overwhelming. They're both "good" (or "bad") cops. They need someone to balance'em out.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by porthawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #5509 by HawkErrant
Saw that. :pinch:
Fortunately, with that not being a title game, and the SOCON title game on, my choice was an easy one.

You're a better man than I am, porthawk Din.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 1 month ago #5513 by DocBlues
Did you notice that Dickie V was nowhere to be seen at last weekend's UNC-Duke game? He's been a fixture at UNC-Duke games for a long time. Is this a "paradigm shift?"

More
8 years 1 month ago #5515 by NotOstertag
I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about that. I think they could use that instead of waterboarding to get terrorists to talk. Then again, it's probably against the Geneva convention agreement. ESPN must really hate Pepperdine and St. Mary's.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5516 by Wheatstate Gal
I only watch KU game days normally.....DV seems to be missing from those activities. But not being at an ACC big game day seems a bit unusual.

More
8 years 1 month ago #5519 by NotOstertag
Ok, they both are, but I seem to remember Vitale having some health issues a while back. It wouldn't surprise me if his age was catching up with him, and requiring him to work a less intense schedule on his way out.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5520 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about that. I think they could use that instead of waterboarding to get terrorists to talk. Then again, it's probably against the Geneva convention agreement. ESPN must really hate Pepperdine and St. Mary's.

I don't think ESPN is a signee.:dry:
Would explain a lot.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

More
8 years 1 month ago #5521 by NotOstertag
Yes, the classic loophole. Still, you'd think the UN would intervene on behalf of some kind of human rights agenda. Isn't Pepperdine on the Security Council? Not a permanent member, of course, but I thought they took over for Senegal temporarily.

The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant