Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

FTs and such

• Hawknmo
  • Hawknmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5469 by Hawknmo
Great game for the most part. Great season for the most part. Could not be happier for the four guys who were honored yesterday. However………

What is going on with free throws? No team is perfect. Every team has weaknesses. But I think the majority of us can remember a certain Memphis State team that went into the NCAA tournament with everyone knowing one thing about them….they sucked at free throws. That fact combined with an epic three pointer sank their chances of a National Championship. If I were an opposing coach in KC or in the Dance I might be inclined to foul this group and take my chances. They have not shot over 65% for five straight games. That is not an anomaly.

I also watched quite a bit of basketball the last two days. Mostly non Big 12 games. I have come to the conclusion that if HCBS continues to stick with the current lineup of bigs we could have some serious issues. I watched the Valley tourney, some PAC-12, lots of Big 10 and even some ACC. What I saw were teams with multiple bigs that looked like they were playing in March, not like they just “figured it out”. Perry is a special player but he's no brute. Maybe I’m just a worry wart but everyone else looked pretty polished in the paint and besides Ellis we look like we are still hoping beyond hope the bunnies go in. Maybe HCBS needs to institute an “inside two feet all dunking” rule?

Just a couple of off the wall observations but hopefully at least the FT numbers can be addressed.

RKCKJHK!!!

RKCKJHK!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.