Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

A little emotional

• NYCJayhawk
  • NYCJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5394 by NYCJayhawk
Thrilled with the win, and excited about what this team can do in the post-season.

But I admit I'm a little teary today. I think this group of kids has become one of my favorite Kansas teams of all times. Why? No, they're not the most talented, but they have true resilience, a never say die attitude, a team first mentality, and a toughness that isn't matched.

Another part of it: has there ever been a a Kansas team whose players have been more maligned by fans? perry was too soft, Selden too unreliable, Mason too inconsistent, Lucas, Traylor, on and on. I know, passionate fans just want wins, but the expectations we place on thee kids--and Coach Self--are just impossible standards to meet. And yet, here we are again, with a 12th consecutive Big 12 championship, a likely overall #1 seed going into the NCAA tourney, and a TEAM which just knows how to win. We are spoiled fans, for sure...and we're damn lucky to be alive to see this group of kids flying high.

I know there will be folks who will be disappointed and consider this a lost season if the Jayhawks don't cut down the nets in Houston. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that, because I think it would be proof that great kids, who are talented athletes as individuals, but are truly something special as a team, can triumph...but to me, this is already one of the best seasons I've ever enjoyed as a Kansas fan.

Rock Chalk, and bring on all comers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sieverling, JhawkMom, DocBlues, murphyslaw, WAJayhawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.