Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Replacement for Bob Davis?

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5380 by murphyslaw
Has there been any public speculation about who will replace Bob Davis?

Losing Max to retirement was hard enough, but finally pairing Greg Gurley with Bob eased the pain. (Despite the age difference, they are really good together, I think.) I just hope we dedicated radio listeners don't have to go through a period of ineptitude--and fractured English--again before a good fit can be found. Bob's replacement will have big shoes to fill.

RCJGKU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• wardhawk
More
8 years 1 month ago #5381 by wardhawk
I was also wondering who is charged with choosing his replacement? I think it is critical to find someone with all the qualities of Bob and Max. We have all been spoiled over the years with great play by play pros. I generally mute the tv and turn on the radio for the color. Have gotten use to the 4 second delay.

Wardhawk

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5385 by murphyslaw
I, too, mute the TV and listen to games on the radio. Sometimes there is quite a delay, but mostly it's not long enough for me to even consider going to Dickie V. or his clones.

There was one mention on the 'net about Bob's son being considered, but most sites just said a nationwide search is being held.

Wouldn't it be great if Bob and Max could announce one of the NCAA tournament games together? (With Greg Gurley in the mix, too. He's done a great job.)

• wardhawk
More
8 years 1 month ago #5386 by wardhawk
I agree on Bob & Max doing a game, That would be epic. I started doing the mute a couple years ago with Dickie V doing color for our game with Oklahoma and he spent the entire game talking about DUKE and KY. Really made me mad. So I just muted it and liked enjoyed the game. Our guys do a very good job of covering both teams and being somewhat objective.

Wardhawk

More
8 years 1 month ago #5387 by Bayhawk
RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet