Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Favor/Request for all of the tourney/traveling pros on here

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5369 by konza63
I am giving very serious consideration to traveling with my son to Chicago for the Midwest Regional, if KU winds up landing there as the 1 seed. (As it stands today, that is where they'd be going)

That regional falls on his spring break, so the timing is good. It would be similar to the tourney trip we took in 2012 to Omaha, which my now-11-year-old son beams to this day was his "favorite trip ever." A father and son, fellow Jayhawk fanatics, spending time together and basking in that which we both love the most--NCAA hoops on a high stage, featuring our beloved Hawks.

With that intro out of the way, I want to turn to brass tacks. Does anyone know of ANY OTHER WAY TO PROCURE TICKETS other than on the massive sites like StubHub? I've looked at several (from them to VividSeats and RazorGator, et al), and StubHub is the "cheapest" but still outrageous. Especially the fees they charge, which for this event are running 20% per ticket!

We are of modest means, and by the time I would book airfare, hotel, and the like, it would get really expensive very fast. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of any KU/school or Chicago/venue connections to get tickets that might at least reduce the transaction fees; or b) knows of someone personally who has tickets and might be open to selling two of them to "good people." ;)

I'm also interested in knowing if anyone else would be going or lives in Chicago, since it would be nice to meet up, have a drink or two, maybe break some bread surrounding the games.

Feel free to share tips or info here (in this thread, for me and others), or PM me by clicking on my user name.

I really appreciate it!

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by konza63.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.