Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

And the starting lineup for Senior Day will be...

Poll: How long will the starting lineup play on Senior Day?

Less than a minute
No votes 0%
At least 1 but less than 4 minutes
7 87.5%
At least 4 minutes or more
1 12.5%
For some reason at least one of the seniors won't start
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 8
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #5301 by HawkErrant
Barring Mickelson's ankle really bothering him, this is IMO the most likely starting lineup for KU's Senior Day this Saturday against ISU.

SR Perry Ellis
SR Evan Manning
SR Hunter Mickelson
SR Jamari Traylor
JR Frank Mason

Whaddayathink?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #5304 by NotOstertag
Concur on the lineup. I'd like to think that the starters will stay in until the first TV timeout (first deadball after 16:00). Something tells me that Evan and Hunter will get the hook before that, but will play somewhere between 2:30-4:00.

Of course, if we're whipping up on ISU they might stay in. Nevertheless, ISU is too good to mess around with for too long.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 2 months ago #5305 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: Concur on the lineup. I'd like to think that the starters will stay in until the first TV timeout (first deadball after 16:00). Something tells me that Evan and Hunter will get the hook before that, but will play somewhere between 2:30-4:00.

Of course, if we're whipping up on ISU they might stay in. Nevertheless, ISU is too good to mess around with for too long.

Amen to that, NotO!

I used the 4 minute time frame due to the TV timeout schedule. But I think if ISU starts out en fuego, Hunter and Evan *and* Jamari will be lucky to make it that far. Here's hoping it's the Jayhawks that are the "Fire"birds out of the gates on Saturday.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #5312 by NotOstertag
LOL...I figured out the timing and the correlation to TV timeouts, you clever....Jayhawk. ;)

In an ideal world, I'd like to see all of them do well enough to stay in until the timeout. I'd also like to see Self run a couple of plays for Evan, since he's the least likely to score otherwise.

Of course, there's no reason not to put these guys BACK in at the end of the game if we have a nice lead built up.

Dare to dream play: Mickleson rejects an ISU shot, Jamari get the ball and chucks it up to Perry who's streaking up the court in a 2:1 break with Evan, and then Perry dishes to Evan for an alley-oop. Not sure if Evan can get up that high, but you never know. Kid's got good genes.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 2 months ago #5317 by HawkErrant
HAH! :lol:
I *like* the way you think, laddie! :lol: :silly: :blink: :pinch: :blush: :whistle:

More
8 years 1 month ago #5388 by Bayhawk
RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• HawkErrant
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5442 by HawkErrant
... 6 minutes to start the game before the other regular starters joined Perry in the game. One poll voter, I don't know who (Dave, can you tell?) chose more than 4 minutes.

At the end of those first 6 minutes, the score was 11-11 (per the KUAD Play-by-play record found here ). Well done, Seniors and Frank!

Evan was commended by HCBS for his defense. He did not take a shot, but says he would have if he had had a good opportunity.

Hunter ended up playing a grand total of 10 minutes, but his biggest impact was in that first 6 minutes -- a big block against Georges Niang and a defensive rebound. (I personally think his block should have been a goal tend. Reviewing the recording, it seems to me the ball had just started on its way down, but it was probably more visible from the camera angle in the stands than from the court view of the refs. But I won't complain that KU got a break on what I think was a missed call.)

Jamari Traylor -- I'll let his line speak for itself.
# Player   FG-FGA 3G-3GA FT-FTA OR DR TR PF TP A TO Blk Stl Min
31 Traylor  4-6    0-0    0-0    1  1  2  1  8 0  1  1   3  18
Well played, Jamari, well played!

CONGRATULATIONS to the Seniors and to ALL the Jayhawks!

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.

More
8 years 1 month ago #5444 by Bayhawk
:cheer:

Another one of those games where I knew we would win -- especially in the Phog -- and wondered how it would happen. Well, now we know . . . .

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5474 by Illhawk
I took the over >4 . And was there to see it. Possibly the nicest weather in Lawrence for a home game I have experienced, that includes three years with student tickets in the mid 1980s.

I figured that HCBS would leave Evan in a while. As it turned out the problem with defense was in the paint more than outside. That and ISU playing strong Free Throw defense made the afternoon way more apprehensive than I required. Toward the end the Hawks went into winning mode, got a few stops at all was well.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Illhawk. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, NotOstertag

More
8 years 1 month ago #5476 by Bayhawk
Please post "in the Phog" reports next season. :)

RC

-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal