Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

5 Star guard decommits from Alabama, KU in mix

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #5282 by NotOstertag
< espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/14...alabama-crimson-tide >

I honestly don't know much about this. Nevertheless a 5 star SG is worth taking notice. We won't have Wayne, Svi, Brannen, and Vick forever. ;)

Good replacement for Evan Manning as well. :D

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #5285 by HawkErrant
Thanks for the ESPN link, NotO, good stuff!

More regarding his interest in KU. The following is from the article I posted last night in the pinned recruiting thread:

Though there has been lots of speculation that Baylor and Kansas will be two programs heavily involved -- especially after he went to a game between the two at Baylor last week -- Ferguson does not yet have a list of schools that he will consider. Per (Ferguson's coach) Forsett, there is no rush to sit down and decide which schools to consider and he will take multiple visits before making his pick. - Eric Bossi, Rivals National Analyst

So yes, we have a chance... but unless we lose more than our seniors after this year, there are going to be a lot of recruits competing for just one remaining available scholarship (see the list in the origin post of the pinned recruiting thread ).

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #5286 by Senex68
Depends on whether or not he sees himself as a one and done. If he does, he's not coming to KU. If he imagines himself as a 2 or 3 year student-athlete, then he might strongly consider KU. We are in the mix for Josh Jackson, a very similar player who is going to be a one and done barring injury, so if Jackson goes elsewhere, this kid may end up in Lawrence. And, of course, we still have no idea what is going on with Selden. If he doesn't have a couple of breakout games in the NCAAs, I would surmise he'll be back. Sot that bodes ill for another 3 at this point.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

More
8 years 2 months ago #5291 by Bayhawk
Who is it this time?

A thread while we wait . . .

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #5293 by HawkErrant
LOL! :ohmy: :huh: :lol: :silly: :blink: :sick: :oops: :S :pinch: :whistle: :evil:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"