Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU rockets to #1 on KenPom

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #5172 by konza63
Wow. The UT thrashing catapulted is to #1 overall, and 7/8 in AdjO and AdjD.

kenpom.com

We are a runaway freight train right now.

Keep it up, guys!!!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #5181 by NotOstertag
Also in Sagarin, we're #2 in SOS. #1 in SOS is Texas. We'd be #1, but we only play KU in practice. :)

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 2 months ago #5182 by NotOstertag
So Texas is #1 because they play us twice and we don't play ourselves. But if you look at the conference overall, the Big 12 has the top 3 slots, 6 of the top 10, and 10 of the top 20.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 2 months ago #5203 by CorpusJayhawk
There you go again, NotO, citing that hack Sagarin when you could use the DPPI. How about a little love from my Crimson and Blue brethren? B) :P :lol:

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago #5206 by konza63
Did the quality of that win last night move the needle much in the DPPI for KU (vis-a-vis Sparty)?

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 2 months ago #5212 by CorpusJayhawk
I will update tonight when I get home, but I am guessing it will. Sparty is on a roll and KU is on a roll. They are separating from the pack.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #5213 by konza63
Concur wholly on that closing note. I see them as the two teams to beat, which is why, again, we want them to climb to a 1 seed. Preferably a 1 seed on the other side of the bracket, so that a potential NC game featuring those two will be in the cards.

If they slip to a 2 seed, it is not inconceivable that they could be slotted with us in the Midwest--despite our being the overall #1 seed, if trends hold--because of the Committee's emphasis on placing top teams closer to home.

Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.

More
8 years 2 months ago #5219 by NotOstertag
Shoot me a link to bookmark. Plus I get a small stipend from USA Today.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #5227 by HawkErrant
And KU 1 there, of course.

Really want to see MSU the 2 or 3 one seed to our top one seed.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #5228 by ATXJayhawk
KU is also #1 in the simple rating system on sports reference's website.

Here is the link to Sports References website

Since 1991, only 4 teams outside the top 4 (and 2 outside the top 10) have won titles: Arizona '97 (6), Syracuse '03 (9), UConn '11 (16), and UConn '14 (20). That means Kansas, Michigan State, West Virginia, and North Carolina are the favorites to cut down the nets.

Also, take a look at Andy Bottom's blog. He is the #1 most accurate bracketologist in the world to correctly match the selection commitees teams and seeds.

Here is a link to his bracketology blog

His midwest bracket looks very friendly for KU to get to the sweet 16 and beyond. I like what i'm seeing all around and I agree that KU and Sparty are distancing themselves from the pack.

Crimson and blue looks so much better than burnt orange!!!