Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Would someone please explain to me....

• JhawkMom
  • JhawkMom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5133 by JhawkMom
Why hasn't Hunter played??????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 1 month ago #5141 by NotOstertag
For about a minute in the 1st half he played.

I'm starting to think that his ankle thing is a little more serious than we've been told.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• JhawkMom
  • JhawkMom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #5158 by JhawkMom
I never heard about that!!!

More
8 years 1 month ago #5179 by NotOstertag
He got in at the end too. Looked a little rusty. Apparently earlier in the year he suffered a high ankle sprain that turned into a bit of a nagging injury. Then Lucas started clicking and it looks like he's fallen back on the depth chart.

He's a good kid. Bad luck for him.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 1 month ago #5190 by minerscoach
There was a quote by Shane Battier, I know I hate Duke too, but think it fits this scenario. "It is my job to play so hard the coach has no choice but to play me!" This has been Lucas the past month or so. He has been playing at such a high level I do not think Hunter can break through. Jamari has been playing with that type of energy as well. I like Hunter, but i just think between the injury and the play of others he has fallen out of the rotation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, NotOstertag

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #5192 by konza63
Spot on, Minerscoach and NotO.

Landen's emergence might be sad for Hunter, but it's been nothing but good news for this KU team.

PS: at some point in the tourney, Hunter could be needed for some very important sub minutes. So he just needs to keep working, remain prepared, and contribute mightily when called on.

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.