Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Rooting for MSU to climb to a 1, Shockers to not be an 8/9

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #5067 by konza63
Many recent bracket projections have showed Michigan State as a 2 seed, slotted directly in KU's Midwest region. To that I have but one thing to say: UGH! I hope they keep playing well and get themselves into a 1 slot, so that if we do have to play them it will come far later in the Dance. (I think they're the team to beat alongside KU, which is why I want them away from us for as long as possible)

In many of the same projections, the dastardly notion of once again putting a very veteran-laden Wichita State team in KU's bracket--as the second game out of the gate, no less--is rearing its ugly head again. Lest you think that Perry Ellis and Georges Niang are the only players who seem to have been at a school for like two decades, the Shockers still have Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet...and, of course, Frankamp to boot. They are #1 in KenPom for AdjD, and I sincerely hope they play well enough to close out the season to a) become more like a 7 seed; and b) get moved to a bracket other than KU's. I don't mind having to beat them at some point, but for goodness sake, let's not be saddled with that task on the opening freaking weekend!

Here's a piece on the Shockers and the pieces in play:

www.campusrush.com/wichita-state-shocker...leet-1626511073.html

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.