Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Poll: Net Cutting?

Poll: Will HCBS let the guys cut down the nets at home if they win on Saturday

We win, we cut. Best to do it at home.
5 45.5%
No cutting until we win it outright and eliminate shares. We'll cut away from home if necessary.
No votes 0%
No cutting for a share, no cutting on the road. We'll combined it with Senior Day at home.
6 54.5%
Total number of voters: 11
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4655 by NotOstertag
If we win on Saturday, we'll have ensured at least a share of our 12th consecutive conference title (for those of you who might not have figured that out yet).

Without the ability to clinch it outright until the game at OU (assuming a win on Saturday) will "clinched at least a share" be enough for HCBS to allow the team to celebrate by cutting own the nets and accept the Big 12 regular season trophy in front of the home fans.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #4656 by CorpusJayhawk
I actually have a strong feeling about that (partially stemming from Billy Tubbs). Nets should NEVER (did I say NEVER, I meant NEVER [/u]) be cut on the road. As KU I feel like we should not cut until we either win outright or our last home game where we win at least a share. So if we beat Texas Tech, we wait until senior night. If we win in OU as well we wait until senior night. Cutting the nets down is a team AND fan celebration. I think it should always be at home because the fans are part of this as well.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4659 by NotOstertag
We already won in OU, and while it would be fun to go to Norman to do it there, I don't think it jibes with our standing ovation of Hield at KU. How do you feel about doing it in Austin. ;)

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #4680 by HawkErrant

CorpusJayhawk wrote: I actually have a strong feeling about that (partially stemming from Billy Tubbs). Nets should NEVER (did I say NEVER, I meant NEVER [/u]) be cut on the road. As KU I feel like we should not cut until we either win outright or our last home game where we win at least a share. So if we beat Texas Tech, we wait until senior night. If we win in OU as well we wait until senior night. Cutting the nets down is a team AND fan celebration. I think it should always be at home because the fans are part of this as well.

I totally agree that it should always be done, if at all, at home.

And I also believe it should be done when it is guaranteed, even if only a tie is ensured, because that is the right time *and* place.

I like the sentiment of waiting until Senior Day (game time for ISU was recently announced -- 3:00pm). BUT -- and I know it hasn't happened in *ages*, BUT -- what kind of celebration would it be on Senior Day if KU did not win that last home game of the season? I know if I was on the team, among other things, I would not feel like cutting down the nets then.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #4682 by CorpusJayhawk
HE, I am not sure I know what you are talking about. You mentioned something about "If we lose on Senior day". I am not sure I know what that means. Can you please explain it to me. That sounds some some whacko science fiction theory. Surly you know that does not happen in real life. Silly HE, what were you thinking.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #4691 by HawkErrant
:lol:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"