Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I didn't make a poll for the Baylor game . . .

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4651 by Bayhawk
But I always check the box score for turnovers. This morning if find 12 turnovers (not great, but could be worse) with six steals and six blocks! Isn't there some algebraic formula that says this all equals zero? :huh:

RC :lol:

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #4653 by NotOstertag
Yep, 12 Turnovers - 6 steals - 6 blocks = Zero!

Early on, Baylor's zone was tough and was really making it tough for our guys to get the ball inside either via pass or drive. I also think that zone can be tough for teams simply because they don't face it very often. The strategies for cracking it are pretty straightforward, but if you only see it a couple times a season, it's less "automatic" when it comes to executing.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 2 months ago #4666 by CorpusJayhawk
I think the best way to attack the Baylor collapsing zone is from the high post with triple option. We did not do that well. That is not Perry's strength nor is it Landen's with Perry as the 4, since Perry needs the entire paint for his spinny dipsy doodle offense. Not so surprisingly, Jamari was the most effective from the high post. I sort of thought Bragg might get a lot of minutes because ultimately I think he will be the greatest high post player at KU. But his brain is not yet fully developed meaning, he has not learned the opposing players tendencies so he can anticipate. You cannot effectively defend the very quick and athletic Baylor players without effective scouting and playing to the scouting report meaning anticipating their moves. Bragg is also athletic and quick but not quick enought to respond. You have to anticipate. He is not there yet. Landen is not even close to being as quick or athletic but my guess is he studies the scouting report and knows how to play to it and knows how to respond in the screens and help defense (first 35 minutes of last game notwithstanding).

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4692 by Wheatstate Gal
When Carlton figures out how to play his position as well as he "busts a move" on the sidelines? Whoa, Katie bar the door!!! :woohoo: