Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

POLL - Who do you want to beat in the NC game?

Poll: POLL - Who do you want to beat in the NC game?

Kentucky (Calipari) - They are so cocky!
No votes 0%
Duke (Shishevsky) - We have THE RULES so let us rule on the court!
No votes 0%
North Carolina (Williams) - Cheaters never prosper!
No votes 0%
Michigan St. (Izzo) - Avenge the early season meltdown and beat Mr. March!
7 63.6%
Villanova (Wright) - Are they seriously ranked ahead of KU!
1 9.1%
Oklahoma (Kruger) - 1988 Redux
3 27.3%
Total number of voters: 11
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4527 by CorpusJayhawk
Time to start channeling the road to the Final Four!

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #4528 by jayhawk969
And likely cheaper tickets :)

More
8 years 2 months ago #4529 by sasnak
You need other option
"It's too soon and even in fun it might jinx us!" :ohmy:

It'll feel better when it stops hurting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, DocBlues

More
8 years 2 months ago #4530 by Bayhawk
I do love the optimism! :) But, . . .

Meanwhile, my "Sporting Green" lists KU as less than a two point favorite tonight. Tooooooooo close for comfort :unsure:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 2 months ago #4533 by NotOstertag
OU would be best. Let UK and UNC drop out in the first weekend (allowing us to pick up ground in all time wins).

No strong feelings for Duke one way or the other. I'd like to avenge MSU, so maybe get them in the FF.

OU would be best though. Triple overtime game in Lawrence. Very good game in Norman. Likely a rubber match in the Big 12 tourney (outcome unknown). Playing them a 4th time would be absolutely huge, AND showcase the Big 12 as the #1 conference in the country. Having Danny show up and sit behind the bench (maybe with Larry Brown sitting alongside) would just make it more sweet.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4537 by HawkErrant
Jinx! Bad Harvest! Double Jinx! Bad, BAD Harvest!

I will lay out my thoughts here, but I refuse to vote on this at present.*

First, I would just as soon the first 3 don't get to add another FF to their laurels.
I love NotO's logic on your choice 1 and choice 3, just add choice 2 to that mix for me, please.

NotOstertag wrote: OU would be best. Let UK and UNC drop out in the first weekend (allowing us to pick up ground in all time wins).

No strong feelings for Duke one way or the other. I'd like to avenge MSU, so maybe get them in the FF.

OU would be best though. Triple overtime game in Lawrence. Very good game in Norman. Likely a rubber match in the Big 12 tourney (outcome unknown). Playing them a 4th time would be absolutely huge, AND showcase the Big 12 as the #1 conference in the country. Having Danny show up and sit behind the bench (maybe with Larry Brown sitting alongside) would just make it more sweet.

That leaves Nova, MSU and OU.

We can beat Nova, but I see no reason to give the east coast media anything good about the new Big East. Let them join your choices 1 thru 3 in flaming out early.

The logic for OU is sound, and I am so tired of the Big 12(-2) not performing well in the NCAAs, that I reckon that would be my choice should KU make it to the Final Four. After beating MSU in the FF, of course.

Addressing the underlined portion of NotO's reply -- add Roy sitting with Danny and Larry, just to tweak the noses of those tarred ones who care about such things. After all the crap we went through during the tournament thanks to UNC back in 2003, tweak those pallid blue noses at every [expletive deleted!] chance. And welcome Roy back when he does! He says he is not ready to retire, but he turns 66 this August, and he clearly is not in the best of health in a high stress occupation, so who really knows what will happen come April?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4541 by NotOstertag
..and that's where I lost you. Not going to open up that can of worms, but I feel like he's an ex-significant other from a relationship that had plenty of good times, but ended horribly. Hope he's happy with whoever he's with these days, but not pining for any kind of reconciliation. His choice, his consequences.

Oops...did I open the can of worms?!?!

Ah screw it. I'm going to focus on a very tough road test tonight at Baylor.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 2 months ago #4544 by Bayhawk

I'm going to focus on a very tough road test tonight at Baylor. - See more at: www.rockchalk.com/index.php/forum/basket...sthash.TxyhsIuz.dpuf

Exactamundo NotO.

Favored by only 1.5 in my paper this morning says we've got work to do before we start planning a parade down Mass St. :unsure:

Having said this (along with others) I do like the spirit of the question -- I'm just not in agreement with the timing. [And I'm a guy who will make a poll at the drop of a hat.] :lol:

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #4548 by HawkErrant
I only mentioned it because it would tick off certain fans of the tarred ones -- and if they did not make the FF, it would be the equivalent of salt, if you know what I mean.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"