Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Weber with lots of praise for Perry

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4406 by porthawk
There's this:

“To me, if they win the league, (Perry) Ellis should be (Big 12) player of the year,” Weber said of KU’s senior forward. “I know (Oklahoma guard) Buddy (Hield) may be national player of the year, but Perry should be the (Big 12) player of the year. You know, if you win the league and you take your team to the championship, you should be the MVP. That’s what it’s about.”

And then this:

“I hope people appreciate how good he is,” said Weber of Ellis, who finished with 14 points on 4-of-6 shooting in 30 minutes Saturday. “Because, when he’s not in the game, it sure makes a difference. I promise you I’d rather play them without him any time.”

Good stuff all around!
www2.kusports.com/news/2016/feb/20/perry...jur/?mens_basketball
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #4409 by HawkErrant
If KU can polish off #12, especially due to his play down the stretch, may all the coaches out there vote for Perry as Big 12 POY. Then he will finally have received one of the awards that will qualify his jersey for the rafters.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #4411 by CorpusJayhawk
I've said it before and I will say it again. For the last three years I have been hard on Perry. I have seen the light. This young man will go down as an A+ in my book. I have become a big Perry fan (really always was but now I want to see him on the floor 35 minutes a game.)

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

More
8 years 2 months ago #4418 by newtonhawk
I am not particularly a huge fan of Weber, but his stock took an uptick with those classy statements.