Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

First impressions, post-game

• RobS
  • RobS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4350 by RobS
-Refs called a lot of fouls in the first half and then stopped calling in the second. I knew that would help KSU and for some reason I expected it. I can't believe how Johnson kept charging over/thru our defenders and never got called.
-There is still a rule about coaches being on the court, right? I saw Weber get warned once, but he seemed to think his coach's box ended at the 3-pt line. Due to the camera angles I couldn't see how much room there was between the players and the out of bounds line, but criminy, I could clearly see Weber's feet at least 6 feet out on the court.
-We never tried to establish a faster pace in the second half, even though faster was better in the first half.
-Greene had no mojo; I've never seen him hesitate so much. Evidently he was warned to be on his best behavior and that warning got too far into his head.
-Glad to see Mickelson finally play some. But watching him, it suddenly occurred to me that since he was banished to the pine our offense has moved away from the hi-lo. He didn't look like he fit. And with Perry taking multiple blows to the head, though one was from Bragg, no one else could play the other part.
-At the start, Mason's defense was keeping KSU in the game.

In the end, only one thing mattered: the KSU fans didn't get to rush the court. Funny, we talk about “act like you've been there before.” When it comes to NOT rushing the court, I think they have been there before.

Mongo just pawn in game of life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.