Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Blast from the past - updated to present.

• JRhawk
  • JRhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4217 by JRhawk
I had hoped to be able to post a couple of photos, but still have a problem with that (are on my pc and not an internet server).
There have been some posts regarding KU's decline since the 2012-13 season.
I had the good fortune to see that team in Paris on Aug 11th, 2012. I followed that freshman class, including: Perry Ellis, Landen Lucas, Tyler Self, Evan Manning, Milton Doyle, Zach Peters, Rio Adams, & Andrew White. Also were red-shirt (eligibility) freshman Ben McLemore (hurt and didn't play in Paris) and Jamari Traylor. Prior to that game, I had the off chance to visit with HCBS for probably the first and last time ever. It was an enjoyable visit. IMHO, the best player of the group, Zach Peters, was hurt that fall and left school. Tried to play at Arizona, without much success. Rio Adams stayed one year and played very little. Andrew White stayed two years and left because of lack of playing time – doing well at Nebraska (had 15 & 5 last night). Of course McLemore went to the NBA. So, of the remaining players, only Perry Ellis has done much at KU. Lucas & Traylor just hung on, that is until recently. Hopefully after nearly 4 years at KU, Lucas is ready to break out and help carry them to a NC.
Milton Doyle left the team after the Europe trip and is no where to be found in the KU records (other than here). www2.kusports.com/documents/2012/aug/11/...ce-game-1-box-score/ Of course he now plays for Loyola (Chicago). Last night he had 13/7 in a winning effort over UNI (yes the same team who just ended WSU's 41 game home winning streak).
I guess if I have a pet peeve (right behind stop flaming out in the NCAA's), it is don't recruit someone if you don't intend to play them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.