Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Kudos to Texas fans, shame on Baylor fans

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4156 by NotOstertag
Two teams are undefeated at home this year so far: KU and Texas. That's something to think about when we make the trip to Austin on March 5th. Kudos to Texas and their fans for making Austin a tough destination this year.

Now onto Baylor. Updating my spreadsheet, I notice that Baylor has a VERY strong (leading) 4-2 road record. Unfortunately, it's matched with a 4-3 home record, resulting in an 8-5 mark that won't win them squat when all is said and done. When the Baylor/ISU game started tonight, I thought that they were playing in a tomb. Dead silence.

So shame on the Baylor fans for not supporting their team. 1 game over .500 at home? Combined with the best road record in the league. A half a game better record AWAY from home? C'mon Baylor fans, stop sucking so much. One more home win would have put them in the hunt for a championship, and holding home court would have put them 11-2, a full game ahead of KU at this point.

Maybe it's the day-glo, pass-the-Tylenol uniforms. Still, throw a "sunglasses" night or something and help your team.

Ok, so one side note. For anyone who saw the WVU/Texas game; Huggy was down 3 possessions with less than 30 seconds left and he continued to press and foul. At a certain point the Texas fans started booing WVU, and they should have. Seems that Huggy kept the press/foul crap going about 2-3 possessions longer than necessary.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.