Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

WVU @tu starts @6 pm CST, ISU @BU @8

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #4144 by HawkErrant
I know we are all hoping the horns defend their home court. They beat WVU in Morgantown, and a sweep would be sweet!

The other two pieces of our 4th place logjam play in Waco tonight. The odds are ISU will lose, but BU has been very soft in defending its home court this year, 3-3 in conference play compared to 13-3 overall at home.

Think I want ISU to win, but eh, maybe not.
The winner will be 2 games behind KU at 8-5, and either alone in 4th place if tu loses, or tied with the horns in the Mountaineers come tumbling down hill on the road again.

Any solid arguments one way or the other?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• wardhawk
More
8 years 2 months ago #4146 by wardhawk
The horn just beat WVU 85 - 78.

Wardhawk

More
8 years 2 months ago #4150 by porthawk

More
8 years 2 months ago #4152 by mpeterson44
Horns did defend their home court and gave us a one game pad. We my need it as the Longhorns have not lost a conference home game this season and we still have to pay them a visit. Maybe I am wrong but see the Horns as our toughest remaining game. ROCK CHALK

More
8 years 2 months ago #4153 by Bayhawk
The Horns will win the BIG XII conference tourney and Shaka Kahn errrr, Smart will be BIG XII COY.

Put it in an envelope, seal it and date it. Open it after the tourney is over.* ;)

* Unless, of course, I'm wrong. :huh:

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 2 months ago #4155 by NotOstertag
Alone in 1st place! We go to Manhattan on Saturday and need to win. OU goes to WVU, and I can say with relative certainty that one of those teams will likely lose, leaving KU 2 up on somebody and 1 up on the other.

OU still plays home games against OSU and Baylor. They travel to Texas and TCU (and WVU as mentioned).

WVU hosts ISU and Tech (and OU). They travel to OSU and Baylor.

KU plays ISU and Tech in Lawrence, and travels to Texas and Baylor (and KSU).

KU has the toughest road ahead (vs. ISU, @Tex, @Bay). OU and WVU have one tough home game (Baylor for OU, ISU for WVU) and one tough road game (OU@Tex, WVU@BAY). With this in mind, I'm rooting for WVU to even up the series by winning in Morgantown, putting OU two games back, and essentially out of the picture. That way, even with 1 loss, we'd be tied with WVU, but because they're (IMHO) not as strong as OU, more likely to lose another game.

The good news is that we control our destiny now, and can realistically run the table from here on out, with probably 1 game to throwaway and still safely share the title.

Now, for some fun math:
TCU, OSU, and KSU have already been mathematically eliminated from the race (which will give KSU some motivation to salvage SOMETHING from their year by beating us).

Assuming OU beats Tech tomorrow, Tech will be on the bubble (or "dormie" in golf terms) being 5 down with 5 left to play.

Now, with each round, the door really closes on yet another team, and gets us closer to the title.

In terms of a "magic number" for KU it's now 4 with 5 left.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot