Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Come hell or high water...

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #4107 by konza63
...or snow and ice storms...

...nothing--and I mean NOTHING--can stop a dedicated JAYHAWK FAN from finding the flock.

Tonight, about 20 minutes before tipoff, I realized that the daylong snowstorm had given way to ice...and with it, my satellite dish signal had bitten the dust. So I tried numerous internet workarounds, but Murphy's Law (not the poster on RCB, the real deal!) torpedoed those options. Unperturbed, I went outside, pried open an iced car door, started the car, scraped off the ice, and headed to a nearby sports bar to pursue Plan B.

Plan B went swimmingly, except for the fact that the Cowpokes ruined my first 20 minutes by punching the Hawks in the kisser--and then some. But then we started pulling back. About 6 bites into my makeshift sports bar dinner, every screen in the house went under, victims themselves to the clinging ice outside.

That is when I turned to the trusty RCB, to ask for help with the first half recap. I was trying to follow the possessions on GameCast, but then found all the help on here, which helped me transition back out to the car for the drive home. I trudged through the gnarly winter mess and got back inside, figured out a way to download an internet DirecTV app, then--VOILA!!!--found the game on the iPad.

The rest, as they say, is history. A solid KU win, even though the Pokes were a bit of a burr in our saddle for awhile (even in the 2nd half). We'll take it. 27-point win? Yes, we'll take that. Onward and upward. Next up: GRAPE juice!

Thanks to my esteemed friends here on the RCB for helping a poor lad out in a time of need. You all rock! But you probably already knew that... ;) :woohoo: ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.