Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Our new assistant coach.

• LasJayhawk
  • LasJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #3962 by LasJayhawk
Now where can we find a little help running a 4 and 1 offense... Hmm. Seems Bill and Fred had a little powwow Friday. :)

www2.kusports.com/news/2016/feb/13/bill-...-bulls-fred-hoiberg/

Yea,yea,yea, keepin' the faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #3965 by HawkErrant
... about the child of a coach in any sport attending a different school in the same conference, especially when that school was arguably the biggest obstacle in my parent's way. I'm sure she has her reasons, just curious what they are.

And if her presence is helpful, well, thank you very much, and ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #3966 by konza63
Yeah, it's really odd. And not only for her to attend that rival university, but to get a job in the basketball office? Just weird...

I do think the friendship between Self and the Mayor is pretty cool, however. Just as long as he doesn't convince Self that the NBA is a good gig... :angry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #3970 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 1 month ago #3971 by NotOstertag
Dad heading off to the NBA might have meant that her main reason for attending ISU was no longer there. Also, it's entirely likely that the kid didn't want to deal with the "fame" of being Hoiberg's kid there and settled for the relative anonymity that KU offered.

Bingo, bango, bongo, and she's a Jayhawk. It only makes sense that looking for a part time job, Dad used his connections to hook her up with Self.

Hoiberg's a good guy and I was sad to see him leave ISU. It doesn't shock me at all that he and Self might be close off the court. How much he REALLY contributed to the OU win? Who knows.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot