Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Videos, images and stories KU @OU

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3906 by HawkErrant
espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14772403
I love the locker room ritual in this clip.
Keep that jersey from burning up, guys, Devontè's gonna need it!

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14772332

Graham beats Hield at own game

KU @OU pics

Good stuff. Enjoy!

(Dave, FWIW - for some reason I could not embed these clips in this post using the video button. At least they were not showing up in the preview panel. Methinks perhaps ESPN has done something that forces the poster to send the reader to their site instead of just enjoying it in place)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WAJayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3911 by mpeterson44
Did anyone notice at the end of the first video when we had won and the team was coming on the floor that Brannen gave coach Self a congratulatory shove in the back. Good thing coach didn't fall on his face. Great game and I hope we can maintain the intensity of the last couple of games. ROCK CHALK!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3928 by konza63
Man, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3930 by konza63
...was truly hilarious. But so Brannen at the same time! :woohoo: He's like a big, lanky puppy whose body hasn't caught up with his long, noodle legs. The dude's immaturity and awkward decision-making is comical, and you can see why he drives Self nuts. (I mean that in a good way tonight)

PS: I loved to see the guys in the locker room, pretending to cool off DG's en fuego jersey. I also loved seeing Self throw that fist in the air (a la Missouri game), just before the Brannen whiplash push from behind. And then Self just BEAMING in the locker room. The boys are having fun, and it's very well-deserved!!!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3932 by HawkErrant
... they did on the broadcast -- how about after the game when Self asked reporter Shannon Spake "Do you want me?" and she replied, "No, just Devonte", leading Self to love tap DG in the chest and walk off smiling? Hilarious!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

• konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3955 by konza63
That earlier video clip of Greene victoriously pushing Self in the back (the whiplash moment, LOL) was great, but there's also this shot of the locker room scene from the gallery HE posted:

www.kuathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=602 (If it doesn't pop up, just go to the very last picture in the gallery at the bottom right)

You can see that Greene is mega-fired up, as if he's just said something a little over the top. The other guys are just laughing, along with Self, but they all have an awkward kind of look like "Brannen, dude, lay off the Mountain Dew and Red Bull, huh?" :P

I swear Greene is a 4-year-old fun-loving, hilarious prankster kid enveloped in a college kid's body. What I like from this shot, and from that video clip, is Self and Brannen seem to be "okay" with one another. Yes, there are the public spats or incidents, but at the end of the day, these pictures speak a thousand words. At least to me, anyway.

Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3956 by mpeterson44
Brannen is a kid at heart but I still predict he will step up big for us. Glad he will do it in a KU uniform! I think coach Self sees this potential. Thus he is getting playing time despite being in the doghouse. Just think of what he could be for us in the future!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63