Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Greene

• minerscoach
  • minerscoach's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3866 by minerscoach
Why does he play? Can't guard, can't rebound, doesn't value the ball!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• minerscoach
  • minerscoach's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3867 by minerscoach
Why does he play? Can't guard, can't rebound, doesn't value the ball! Team is playing great otherwise.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3878 by Illhawk
Think of a medieval battlefield. The catapult had one purpose. It was quite useful for that purpose, otherwise, not so much.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3885 by Hawknmo
I will agree with you that BG is not the best defender. He is also not the best ball handler. He can also be a bone head. But I will also tell you he wasn't recruited to be a point guard. There are three things that keep him playing for this or any other D1 team. Those are: 56, 60 and 83. Those are his 3FG, FG, and FT %s. As long as he has those numbers on his season stat line he will play. He's not perfect but I'll take him.

RKCKJHK!!!

RKCKJHK!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #3886 by CorpusJayhawk
I thought his defense was pretty good on some possessions and completely not on others. But he blocked out pretty well and his height is a little advantage at times. It was definitely not a wall to wall good performance especially on the defensive side and especially on three particular possessions. But overall he is a plus for this team.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3896 by HawkErrant
Why do so many people here consistently misspell Selden's last name?

All great mysteries that can only be solved by delving into the minds of those people.

Serious answer - I would think it has to be that Self thinks him better than the other options, and if he heats up on offense as he is able to do... Katie, bar the door!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 2 months ago #3897 by NotOstertag
Because if he gets an open look, he's most likely to knock it down.

Agree with the rest of your points. The guy is a liability with every other part of his game. Nevertheless, in certain circumstances, when you need somebody to hit a deep shot, he's a good option.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot