Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Looking ahead while waiting for the invasion of Norman

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3806 by HawkErrant
CURRENT NBA MOCK DRAFT RANKINGS OF JAYHAWKS
        A    B    C    D    E   F
Cheick  17   21   -    18   -   10
Wayne   41   31   29   -    -   70
Perry   37   -    -    -    -   112
Svi     -    -    -    -    -   44
All would be early entrants except senior Perry.

(A) NBADraft.net 
(B) NBADraftExpress.com
(C) hoopshype.com
(D) NBA.com (Scott Howard-Cooper only ranked Top 30)
(E) ESPN Chad Ford's Top 20 (anyone an Insider to see all 100?)
(F) CBSSports
Perry -- not a lot of respect for him out there, despite his coming on strong as the season progresses.

Svi -- expect another year.

Wayne - I think he'll be back as well

Carlton -- despite his having a marginally better year than Cheick so far, haven't seen him in any mock drafts

Cheick -- the only one that really seems like he has a decent chance to go early.

With Udoka coming in be a further encouragement for Cheick to leave early?

Or will the prospect of learning to be more of a 4 (which is what he would play in the pros) with Udoka at 5 negate that issue?

Only CBS has Cheick as a lottery pick, and we all share pretty much the same opinion when it comes to Can't Broadcast Sports, and it's not a grand one.

I know, I know, it's really way too early and there is still too much season left to really be able to make any kind of guess, but barring him experiencing a suddenly exponential learning curve and blowing up in the last weeks of the season and into the post-season, what do you think? Will Cheick stay or will he go?

With the new rules, I expect him to enter, but then to return after the NBA combine.

www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft
www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
hoopshype.com/2016/01/09/nba-mock-draft-2016/
www.nba.com/2016/news/features/scott_how...-version-1-for-2016/
insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/results/top100/_/year/2016
www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-...skal-labissiere-no-6

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3810 by konza63
Thanks, HE.

RE Cheick, I've said this hundreds of times before on this board in prior years, but when it comes to the NBA drafting almost purely on "potential" for players such as Diallo, I feel they would be SO MUCH BETTER SERVED--over the long haul, as players in the league, and on purely monetary grounds--if they stiff-armed the NBA love and held off until their game is much farther along. Gaining experience in competitive live games, learning how to play the game right, advancing in one's confidence as a player/person, growing one's court IQ, it's ALL for the better if you don't take the shortsighted view of that first NBA contract. If you TRULY want to have a long, solid NBA career, it behooves you to stick around and improve.

Truer thoughts and words have never, IMHO, been more salient than in Cheick's case, given his inadequate development, non-readiness for the league, and his upside if he sticks around with Self.

Just my $.02, but I think we all know multiple KU draftees who would've benefited from such an approach rather than bolting at the first chance.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3811 by konza63
Invasion of Norman. Yeah, baby, that's what we're talking about! :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JayhawkChef, JhawkMom

More
8 years 2 months ago #3815 by Bayhawk
HE with the great subject lines, and Konza, the master of photo links in posts!!!

What a board!!!!! :P

RC A & F

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

More
8 years 2 months ago #3828 by Illhawk
Rubber tanks junk defenses same idea.

Beyond that , as I see it , if we are going to make the Final Four that almost certainly involves Wayne playing his way into the first round.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant