Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Overtime: Tech 85 ISU 82 in Lubbock

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3759 by HawkErrant
Shoots ISU's hoops in the foot.

Moves Tech into the "Next 4 Out" in Lunardi's NCAAT projections

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3770 by NotOstertag
...and a cautionary tale for KU.

IF (big "IF") we're lucky enough to pull off a W in Norman, I'm sure we'll be flying pretty high. Lucas was quoted in the paper today saying that the team is really coming together of late, so adding a clutch W to maintain the lead in the league and kick OU down a notch would only bolster our guys' confidence.

But as they say, pride cometh before the big crash and burn, so IF (big "IF" again) we get past OU, our guys need to keep in mind that there are plenty of opportunities to screw things up. I'm sure that ISU had this chalked up as a probable win right down to the final buzzer.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3774 by konza63
Oh, for sure. Like I posted the other day, KU's schedule (especially on the road) is a true gauntlet. If we can somehow navigate that final road push with only one loss, it will be amazing--though even that might not be good enough to win the conference, if the loss is at OU.

Your "big IF" is something that should be underscored. I don't think many at all out there believe KU is going to go into Norman and win that game. Not only national writers, but those on the KU beat. EG, I heard Newell on KC radio yesterday, and he predicted OU by 8-10.

We need to prove them all wrong. After that, we can worry about the "First-World problem" of KU having a letdown after knocking off a great Sooner team in their house. ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4117 by porthawk
...to say that the "IF" became a "did" and the 27 point win tonight felt pretty good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63