Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

A very inauspicious start to his KU career

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #4777 by HawkErrant
KU WBB drops18th straight

Not a single conference win yet.
What the heck?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4801 by konza63
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is an abomination that KU cannot build a really top-tier women's basketball program. Duke, UNC, Baylor, and many others have paralleled their men's programs with advancement in the women's program.

As for KU, the same Fieldhouse, practice facilities, and attractiveness that is the KU hoops ecosystem is there for the taking with the women's game. It should be VERY easy to recruit really high-quality players to the game, and we should be able to attract a superb coach to get it done.

Color me exceptionally disappointed in this. 0-16 in League? Are you kidding me??? :S :evil: :angry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by konza63.

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #4817 by HawkErrant
I do agree. This season has been most disappointing. I thought Bonnie had brought in a decent class of recruits to go with a respectable returning group. If true, then Schneider has certainly failed to get them to successfully execute his style of play. But maybe Bonnie did not leave him with that much, in which case we have to give him a couple of years to bring in players that can do what he wants.

I am encouraged by his prior success at every level, much more than what Bonnie had on her resume before being hired by Lew. Hopefully Schneider will prove to be a capable recruiter and bring in the gals needed to be successful.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #4818 by konza63
Yep. He deserves a bit of time, but...to use your term...it doesn't get much more inauspicious than that out of the gate. Pretty embarrassing.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.