Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Site Feedback

Use this forum for questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, bug reports, requested features about Rockchalk.com.

More private messages (email or PM) for Dave can be sent through his profile.

Site dropping people out

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13353 by HawkErrant
Dave, we've been getting complaints about people trying to input a post, only to have the site tell them they need to log in and the text is lost. I've had it happen to me, and I, like the others who have experienced the phenomenon, have taken to writing longer or more complex posts in a word processor and then copying the text onto the board for final formatting before actually posting it.

Can still be frustrating, though. For example, last night I had pasted text in and proceeded to edit the formatting, plus add a couple of sentences. When I was done and clicked "Submit", I was told I needed to log in and I had lost all the final editing. Luckily I had the WP text to use so it only required minimal editing again, but it was, as you can imagine, a pain to have to deal with it.

Help, please, and TIA.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"