Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Where's the OUTRAGE?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9481 by murphyslaw
Gosh, Allen, you must have utter disdain for military families. Of course they're not filthy (an apt term for the Donald) rich and usually have no other choice than transferring their children to other schools.

Recently I taught a junior high class which had a student who had attended 22 schools since kindergarten. He was one of the majority of pupils where I teach who rarely cause any trouble and are seemingly very well-adjusted.

If Barron has proper parenting, as "some" children do, I doubt he'll suffer long-time effects from transferring to another school this year.

President Obama's girls, or should I say, young ladies, appear to be doing just fine, thank you.

Such constant broad, sweeping, hasty generalizations of yours are really outrageous. (Pardon the expression)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9482 by Allen
Just wondering if it is possible for you to respond to one of my posts without condescending, downright rude or negative comments. I'm probably asking too much, but I can always hope. I shouldn't even respond to the ridiculous assumption that I have disdain for military families, but feel I must considering my grandchildren do not deserve that type of negativity. They follow wherever their father takes them. Thankfully, they have a mother who can provide a stable home in case there is a need to stay in one place before moving on to the next location. I have friends in the military who have been sent to Iraq and other places. Their spouses stay behind and take care of their children here in town and surrounding areas until the fathers/mothers come back home.

I was one of those children you referred to. I was well adjusted and never caused any trouble even though I attended 9 different schools in the first 12 years of my education. I must have had proper parenting, but I can fully understand the heartache and fear of leaving your friends behind and starting out in a new school. You don't know anyone else, you don't know where to go or sit at lunchtime or who to talk to at recess. It is definitely scary, but evidently builds character. No doubt Barron will be faced with this reality sometime in the near future.

Apparently, President Obama agrees with me instead of you. Kudos to him for being a good father and putting aside his personal wishes until his daughter has completed her schooling in D.C.

Thinking of your kids, when possible!

“We're going to have to stay a couple of years so Sasha can finish. Transferring someone in the middle of high school — tough," he said while eating lunch at a Milwaukee restaurant.”

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 5 months ago #9483 by boulderhawk
Except for experiencing changing schools many times yourself, what do you know about it? :)

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 5 months ago #9484 by kslib72
I attended 5 schools in 6 years. It's hard, but it' is what needs to be done sometimes. I'd be surprised if Trump even knows where his kid attends school or what grade he's in. All of this should have considered before he ran. I have no problem at all not having security for them. Afterall he's a BILLIONAIRE...he can pay for it himself. Goodness 4 years of being scammed by this man is the death of our country..