Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Other KU Sports

More Big 12 expansion angst

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 1 month ago #5700 by konza63

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #5755 by HawkErrant
Konza, how are you accessing the Star? I refuse to pay for anything related to the Star, so I can't read the article.

Thanks!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago #5757 by konza63
My mom still subscribes to the old-school paper (back in KS), so I leverage that for the digital subscription.

That stinks that they don't make it available free. Same problem with the Topeka Capitol Journal, whose "HawkZone" coverage isn't half bad (though it was better before Newell left). I guess the LJW is the sole holdout, though you do have to skip through those annoying surveys.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
8 years 1 month ago #5758 by konza63
PS: I'd give the whole board my password, but then I'd never be able to access it myself! :lol:

• Sieverling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • c'86. Call me Dave
More
8 years 1 month ago #6128 by Sieverling
Open the links in incognito mode. You can do this, sometimes, by right-clicking on the link and choosing the action.

It usually works for me.

Hic manebimus optime

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #6181 by HawkErrant
Incognito mode worked! Thanks, Dave!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"