Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Non-KU Sports

RIP tmhawk

• DocBlues
  • DocBlues's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #23103 by DocBlues
The passing of a a long time poster, Teresa Schneider, was announced on Facebook yesterday by her husband of 41 years, Joe Schneider. Teresa, “tmhawk,” died after a long battle with metastatic colon cancer. Teresa was a staunch progressive and a strong voice for social justice. She will be missed by all who knew her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #23105 by HawkErrant
Thanks, Doc.
I wondered why we had not heard from her, missed her commentary.

So sad. We all gotta go, but C takes people way too bloody soon.

RIP, tm!

And condolences to all her family. I'll see if I can contact Joe on fb.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by HawkErrant.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago #23106 by HawkErrant
Too many Joe or Joseph Schneiders. Doc, please pass along my condolences if you get the chance.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 10 months ago #23112 by boulderhawk
That is sad news. Thanks for letting us know, Doc. We had a lot of spirited debates on the old Off Topics board.

More
4 years 8 months ago #23329 by murphyslaw
I am so sorry to have missed seeing your post. Teresa and I kept in touch for a long time and used to meet in Lawrence for lunch before they moved to Topeka, but I hadn't heard from her in quite awhile. I will try to find a way to contact Joe and give belated condolences.