Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

A good start, Jayhawks!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #31434 by HawkErrant
2-0 for two consecutive seasons.

Last occurrence: Fall 2008, after the great 2007 season and 2008 Orange Bowl.

With the return of over 90% of last year’s offense, to include preseason POY Jalon Daniels and B12 first team RB Devin Neal, the KANSAS Defense was the ⁉️ everyone was concerned about for this season.

The D has done very well in their first two games of the season (including 6 SACKS against Illinois!), and are to be commended for their performance so far. They will, however, be hamstringed for the first half of next Saturday’s road game at Nevada due to the targeting verdicts rendered against Cobee Bryant and Austin Booker in the Illinois game. I’m really hoping at least one of those calls is lifted during the Big 12 conference officiating review next week. I thought both deserved benefit of the doubt — Cobee only hit the receiver’s head with his shoulder pad because the guy ducked into it at the last second, and the views I saw of Booker’s QB sack sure made a case for me that Booker turned his head at the last second and made a clean tackle in the midsection. I think Booker’s at least will be negated by conference review and he should be available to start. Fingers crossed!

But in the interim — it’s been a great start to the season!

ROCK CHALK!
JAYHAWK!
KU!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.