Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

LIBERTY BOWL BOUND!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #29861 by HawkErrant
Kansas to play Arkansas in Memphis!

December 28
4:30 PM CT
ESPN

Side note for the history books —

The Liberty Bowl originally wanted
KANSAS v missouri.

missouri turned them down.

Full text:
“Wow. @Brett_McMurphy just went on @610SportsKC and said emphatically that Missouri did not want to play Kansas in ANY bowl game. This was not a Liberty Bowl issue. #KUfball”

The mOO head coach admitting that it was not in the best interests of mOO to play KANSAS in a bowl game. Admitting that it’s a no-win situation— mOO wins, expected; mOO loses, major loss of face.

Instead mOO will play Wake Forest in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Payouts
$4.7M Liberty Bowl
$1.125M Gasparilla Bowl
College bowl payouts 2022-23

Of course the $ go to the SEC for distribution among aLL its members and not directly to mOO, but anytime you can make a decision that potentially takes half of $3.575M from the SEC? I’m all for it!

But the best part?

KANSAS gets a de facto win over mOO because of how they handled this.
A win on the field would have been more fun but this is pretty sweet.

“RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.