First six games done. What a first half of a season! Even if you aren't a die-hard KU Football fan, people are noticing how good this team is. Yes, the loss against TCU was a downer, but we kept it close and it was a great day with ESPN College GameDay a huge success.
For tomorrow at OU, the main questions are will Dillon Gabriel play (probably) and how will Jason Bean perform as the starting QB after having a great half against TCU last week. Sportsbooks puts OU as the favorite at -9 and over/under at 62.5. Looking over each team's schedule, it looks like KU will score in the 29-44 point range vs OU in the 26-36 range. I'm expecting another close one!
1st Half Highlights:
* 5-0 over first 5 games!
* 3 straight sell outs at DBMS!
* ESPN College Game Day in Lawrence for the first time!
* Ranked in the AP Top 25!
The stats for the first half look strong vs. first half 2021:
1st half 2022 vs 2021 (all are average per game stats)
* KU Offense: +23.1 points, + 119 yards, +.2 turnovers, + 5.2 first downs
* KU Defense: +.2 total tackles, +2.8 solo tackles, +2.17 sacks, +3 tackles for loss, no changes on QB hurries
* KU Offense (based on opponent's defense stats): -4.7 total tackles, +3 solo tackles, -.83 sacks, -3 tackle for loss, -1.5 QB hurries
* KU Defense (based on opponent's offense stats): -17 points, -91.5 yards, +.3 turnovers, -2.2 first downs